PDA

View Full Version : Edit Wall Profile in Phases

Roger Evans
2005-10-21, 12:21 AM
Is it possible to edit a wall profile in a later phase but retain the original profile in the earlier phase? If so How is it done?

Rhythmick
2005-10-21, 12:40 PM
Would'nt the demo tool work for this?

Roger Evans
2005-10-21, 02:14 PM
Would'nt the demo tool work for this?

How do you use the demo tool to make this work ?
For Example ~ I need to cut trim top section of existing wall to a stepped profile / sloped profile
The only way I can figure it is to draw 2 walls or split existing into 2 walls ~ I would have to doctor the existing phase for this

Rhythmick
2005-10-21, 02:54 PM
Can you copy the original wall and attachments to same place, assign the copy to the new phase to make your changes, and demo the original?

patricks
2005-10-21, 03:29 PM
I would probably just make 2 separate elements, one that stays and one that gets demolished. If both wall elements are viewed together in the existing phase, you can join the geometry so that it appears to be a continuous wall (as it really does exist in the existing phase).

I would not simply copy the whole wall because then it will appear that you're demolishing the whole wall on the demo plan, which I don't think is the case.

Roger Evans
2005-10-22, 05:49 PM
Failing being able to just edit the wall profile in different phases The simplest solution would be to have a split tool which allows picking lines & splitting on a slope / a step / & a curve. Even nicer if the split tool could be applied to floors & roofs in the same way.