PDA

View Full Version : Updated to DWF Viewer 6 now links don't work

norrin
2005-10-21, 06:34 PM
We have a web page that has links to dwfs on our intra net. Pretty basic, you click a link the dwf pops up in a new window. Well, since I updated when I click a link it acts like its an unknown file type and asks me to save or cancel. When I click a dwf file directly it opens up in the viewer fine. I'm sure its an IE thing but I cant figure it out, does anyone have a clue?
Win XP Pro Ver 2002, SP 2
IE 6.0.2
Thanks
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Ed Jobe
2005-10-21, 07:14 PM
Sounds like the version of the control on the web page needs to be updated. Post the html source code for your page and I'll show you what needs editing.

norrin
2005-10-21, 08:33 PM
Sounds like the version of the control on the web page needs to be updated. Post the html source code for your page and I'll show you what needs editing.
Thanks for the reply,
Well, I made the page using a table in a word document...its embarrassing I know..but it was fast and easy. So the source code has alot of junk in it that I dont really want to post.

But I did open the page up in word and did the ctrl+click deal on the links and it was still no good.
Any Ideas on that?

I'm planning on changing the way we do things but the old way has to work for a little while.
Thanks for bearing with my ignorance.

norrin
2005-10-21, 09:21 PM
I think I fixed it. I went into windows explorer, tools>folder option>file types tab and found out that the dwf extension was gone. So I added it back. When I clicked the link in the webpage it did give me the "open, save, or cancel" popup instead of just save/cancel, along with the "always do the same thing" check box. Still said unknown file, but it opens it up, in the dwf viewer not a new page. I guess updating it took the .dwf out of the registry, weird.