PDA

View Full Version : WALL REVEAL ON A CONCRETE COLUMN??????

athanasiosmavrides
2005-10-21, 06:41 PM
I have a project where a column (several in the project) have wall reveal all around. The column is made as a concrete wall. The problem is that only in the two directions of the wall run can be placed. In the other two nothing happens. Why is this?

How can I overcome this?
Any Ideas?

lev.lipkin
2005-10-21, 07:41 PM
Reveals are being extended to start and end faces of the wall using return tool. Pick on placed reveal. Pick on 'Change Sweep Returns' in Option bar. Pick on end face of the reveal. Return will appear. Pick on reveal and use control of the return to extend it to the reveal on other side.

Or just build structural column with void sweeps for reveals, is there reason to model column using wall?

athanasiosmavrides
2005-10-21, 08:34 PM
I have already build my model, and it is a 4 storey residential building, so it is quite difficult to change all the columns. I will give it a try............Lev YOU are a God !!!!

There must be 12+1 Gods there ((Greek Mythology)...Scot,Skisouth,Steve_Stafford,derek.57999,Dimitris,Mr Spot,sbrown,Taylor.71590,Tarch,Phil Read,Mike.74577,Wes,and Gravelin!!!!!)

Thanks a lot. Do you know if I can rotate a reveal or a sweep on a wall? (I found an old thread where you had to edit the wall, make a sweep and then finish the wall. I think that was an earlier version. 8.1 supports that?

And since You are a Revit developer can you give me any tip for the underside of this stair(not 100% smooth underneath)? If you model such a stair like this in ADT it works alright underneath(straight). In Revit it appears as stepped. Can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance!!!