PDA

View Full Version : Linked DWF's in 6.1?

Scott D Davis
2004-03-02, 07:34 PM
I just read that the new ACAD 2005 will allow some limited use of "xref'd" DWF files.

Is it planned for 6.1 to allow a Linked DWF, in addition to the already available DWG, DGN, and RVT?

Scott D Davis
2004-03-04, 05:58 PM
Another question about DWFs and Revit 6.1:

On the autodesk.aec.arch-desktop.customer-gallery NG is posted an example of a multipage DWF, with the callouts and sheet index hyperlinked to the correct pages, much like we were "oh so close" to having in PDF a couple of releases ago. Will 6.1 be able to write multi-page DWFs with the hyperlinks? I would love to be able to rpint a whole set to one document and have it all linked together.

christopher.zoog51272
2004-03-04, 06:03 PM
Another question about DWFs and Revit 6.1:

On the autodesk.aec.arch-desktop.customer-gallery NG is posted an example of a multipage DWF, with the callouts and sheet index hyperlinked to the correct pages, much like we were "oh so close" to having in PDF a couple of releases ago. Will 6.1 be able to write multi-page DWFs with the hyperlinks? I would love to be able to rpint a whole set to one document and have it all linked together.

Scott, we could do this since 5.1.

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-03-04, 06:16 PM
The one difference between the PDF writer and the DWF with regard to hyperlinks is the that PDF links take you to the page only. DWF will link you directly to a detail or view on a sheet where multiple references exist. Very slick indeed and very close to creating the 'digital drawing set' I have dreamed about since R9 of AutoCAD! No more papaer cuts (just RSI problems from too much clicking)

Scott D Davis
2004-03-04, 06:23 PM
HMMMM....where have I been? Well, cool then! (I'm feeling a little :screwy:)

Now to see if my printing company can run a test and print the whole set....

JamesVan
2004-03-05, 04:12 PM
So far, the print shops I've dealt with won't accept DWF format files yet. To gain widespread acceptance the ADesk marketing folks need to launch a campaign targeting the larger reprographics companies.

beboyle
2004-03-05, 05:59 PM
James,

If you are in New york City, Soho Reprographics will print from .dwf. I e-mail them to them and they just do it. And they deliver all around the city. If you don't have a plotter in house it is worth it. Ain't cheap though. Only glitch has been if you have any special fonts they have to have them too.
Also I think it's up to us to push the print houses too. You can tell your local guys (if you are uptown) that if they don't get onboard w/dwf, you always have Soho as an option.

HTH,
Brian