PDA

View Full Version : Display & phasing

agd
2005-10-25, 04:44 PM
I am currently busy with a alteration & renovation project. The phasing works great and I think I have this under control. I would however like to display the existing, new and demolished items on an elevation view. Everything displays the way it should, except that my demolished walls block or hide new windows placed. Is there a way to have the demolished items display in 2d view and not as a "model" item. I suppose I can trace the demolished items, but find this rather tedious.

Mr Spot
2005-10-25, 09:39 PM
You would need to display them with a graphic override for overridden... This way they become 2D dashed lines...

agd
2005-10-26, 09:12 AM
Thanks, had the overide set on material - Phase-demolish, never actually tried taking the material away. It's all so simple if you know!

agd
2005-10-26, 01:14 PM
Sorry, that did not work! What am I missing.

I have an existing wall with a window. I demolished the existing window, and placed a new window in the existing wall, partially overlapping the demolished window.

My phases are set with new work & existing to display by category. My demolished items are set with an override for demolished items. I still end up with demolished items hiding parts of new work.

Help. I am desperate!

Elmo
2005-10-26, 01:39 PM
Just a quick question. What phase did you place the window into.

agd
2005-10-26, 02:32 PM
Hi Clinton

Existing wall and window in phase existing. Demolished the window in phase new. Then place my new window also in phase new. The elevation displays correctly when I have the demolished phase filter off. The moment I switch the demolished filter on so that I can indicate the demolished items on my elevation view, things does not work the way it should! Hope you can make sense out of this.

Ps. I am in Somerset West (Cape Town) is it possible to e-mail you part of drawing?

Hope you can help.

JamesVan
2005-10-26, 04:25 PM
When you demolish a window/door from a wall, Revit automatically fills in the opening with the wall. Conversely, when you add a new window/door, Revit needs to demolish part of the wall to allow the insertion of the new hosted element - just like in real-life. When you use the default phase filter (Show All), the existing, demolition and new are all shown together. In other words, the demolished window and it's infill, the new window and its infill - all in the same view (see attached image #1).

The only way I can think of to show this properly in a single view, is to draw Detail Lines <Demolished> around the demolished object while in "Show All" mode, then switch to "Show Previous + New" (see other attached image #2).

agd
2005-10-27, 08:44 AM
Thanks, that is how I started off doing it. I was just hoping that there would be a quicker and simpler way.