PDA

View Full Version : Stair Issues (was Stair Improvements)

david.kingham
2005-10-25, 09:09 PM
I have been able to get the stairs match our standards except for 2 things with the stringers. The main one as you can see in the dwf is the offset from the bottom tread to the stringer, I need to be able to change this badly. The other is the top of the stringer, you can see in the shop drawing how it should end, 1" above the level (which I can achieve by using Match Landing Stringer, but it needs to extend back) I understand the second wish is difficult and is not a big of a concern for me, but the first wish is critical

cadkiller
2005-10-26, 01:23 PM
If you compare how Revit sets up the treads with the way they are detailed and fabricated. You will see that Revit dimensions from the bottom of the stringer and not the top like shown on your detail. The factory should change this setting to be from the top and not the bottom. Most Architects dimension from the nosing to the top of the stringer? Ussually it is 1", 1 1/2" or 2" on the slope and 1", 2" or 4" on the platforms.

As far as the 1" extention of the stringer at the first riser, you can edit the stair and stretch the stringer 1" to get this detail.

david.kingham
2005-10-26, 03:36 PM
Thanks that actually got me what I needed, guess it's not a wish anymore :)

You're right the way revit measures is backwards, not too big of a deal, just have to figure it out backwards

david.kingham
2005-10-26, 09:57 PM
One more stair question...See attached dwf...my railings are the same diameter but do not want to clean up properly and also where the sweeps return to the wall they do not print in hidden line mode

cadkiller
2005-10-26, 10:26 PM
You can use the line work tool, set it to invisible line and you should be able to clean up that miter in that view. I'm not sure about your other issue you have.