PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Tags - They look terrible

DanielleAnderson
2005-10-26, 11:02 PM
I asked this question a while back in the wish list forum, but now that I am getting into a critical phase of working drawings, it comes back again:
How does everyone deal with the fact that the elevation tags are quite unfunctional (see attached image from my post back in may)? I have a situation where the elevation name is about half-way overlapping with the view number on the sheet--it looks terrible and I don't think the project manager is just going to accept it for the way it is.
I have looked to see if I can edit the elevation tag, and apparently that is not possible--can I somehow move the elevation tag's text?
Help/advice/tricks would be appreciated here, I would prefer not to have to "fake" it to get the look I need.
Thanks!
Danielle

sjsl
2005-10-26, 11:11 PM
I would just use numbers and not text + number. Select the text/number, go to Properties and under "View Name" you can type in whatever you want.

Tom Dorner
2005-10-26, 11:27 PM
I make a new type of elevation tag that is 3/8" in diameter for use in interior elevations.

It starts by going to 'Settings' 'View Tags' 'Elevation Tags'

Take an existing circle and duplicate it. Change your settings to what I show in the attached image and save.

Then in a plan, click on one of your interior elevation tags, go to its properties and change to the new elevation tag style you created earlier, or duplicate and change (in case you want multiple styles and sizes)

HTH

Tom

c_whitmore
2006-02-17, 04:16 AM
This is a great post. I had been wondering how to do this. I have another question that goes along with this.

Is it possible to make a tag like the one you have pictured except force the arrows to say a, b, c, or d and have the interior of the circle give the full reference like 1/A550?

Thanks,
crw

Shaun v Rooyen
2006-02-17, 06:23 AM
I asked this question a while back in the wish list forum, but now that I am getting into a critical phase of working drawings, it comes back again:
How does everyone deal with the fact that the elevation tags are quite unfunctional.....Danielle

The dysfunctional elevation tags can be controlled with various parameters.
Once placed on a sheet one can then change the "Detail Number" parameter, as well as the "View Title" parameter.

..........Is it possible to make a tag like the one you have pictured except force the arrows to say a, b, c, or d and have the interior of the circle give the full reference like 1/A550?

Thanks,
crw

Combined these should give you the result you are looking for. See attached images...

PeterJ
2006-02-17, 10:37 AM
Also, if you make a new view title that includes the word Elevation and then the view title you don't need to edit the properties to amend Title on sheet, it will simply display "Elevation (ref in elevation tag)"

c_whitmore
2006-02-17, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the post Zeds. Thats along the lines of what I'm looking for except I need all 4 elevations to fall under one title, then I place a, b, c, d under the individual elevations.

Peter, I'm not sure if I'm following what you mean....

Thanks,
crw

patricks
2006-02-17, 03:23 PM
We don't have the title displaying in our elevation tags, only the sheet number in the middle and the detail number outside near the arrow. Most of the time it works okay.