PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! - Jpegs in revit

mibzim
2005-10-26, 11:21 PM
I'm importing a couple of site pics into revit for a presentation im putting together - some of them come through fine, but there is one that flatly refuses to come through properly whatever i do to it.

It was originally from a PDF, i saved it as a jpeg, and have opened and cropped it in photoshop and resaved as jpeg in order to get it to work. Still no luck.

Any ideas? I know image handinling in revit is not great but this has just stumped me!!

Lashers
2005-10-26, 11:33 PM
They both look the same to me!?? . .sorry only kidding . . I tried your normal one in one of my files and it looks fine to me.

I am not sure what to suggest? try to flatten it in Photoshop then save as jpeg . . . could it be that the file size you are using is too big? Try output to web in photoshop and reduce it that way.

Hope it works for you.

mibzim
2005-10-26, 11:38 PM
hmmm... you're right. that was a print screen i did of the image to reduce the size quickly. Its gotta be the image itself but i just cant figure out what! back to the drawing board... er... program

cosmickingpin
2005-10-26, 11:56 PM
Ok, seen this lots of times, change your mode to RGB, not CMKY or is it the other way around, which ever it is, then make it the other one. That should fix it.

I'm importing a couple of site pics into revit for a presentation im putting together - some of them come through fine, but there is one that flatly refuses to come through properly whatever i do to it.

It was originally from a PDF, i saved it as a jpeg, and have opened and cropped it in photoshop and resaved as jpeg in order to get it to work. Still no luck.

Any ideas? I know image handinling in revit is not great but this has just stumped me!!

Steve_Stafford
2005-10-26, 11:57 PM
Ok, seen this lots of times, change your mode to RGB, not CMKY or is it the other way around, which ever it is...RGB is correct...

mibzim
2005-10-27, 12:11 AM
RGB! there you go! thanks guys ;)