PDA

View Full Version : How are you using Rooms in Groups?

LMSmith
2005-10-27, 01:13 AM
Hello,
We here at the factory are doing some work on Rooms and would like to study how people are currently using Rooms and Groups together. Do you use them to manage tags over several floor plans? RCPs? Do you use Attached Groups for Room Tags? Do you not use Rooms in Groups at all? Let us know. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

thanks!
Lilli Smith
Revit Product Design

Scott Hopkins
2005-10-27, 02:00 AM
Lilli

How about putting Rooms on the back burner for now and focusing on fixing the truly awful wall join behavior within groups? This is where you ought to be spending your time.

As for your questions,

Yes, managing Room tags over several floors is important. RPC's somewhat important.

Attached groups? With all of the horrible wall join issues that go along with them? You have got to be kidding me!

sbrown
2005-10-27, 02:06 AM
If you can fix groups for 9.0 you wouldn't need to do anything else in 9.0 in my opinion. I've never even tried to group a roomtag with a room group because I have never gotten a room/ typical unit plan, to work properly throughout the life of a project.

Chad Smith
2005-10-27, 06:28 AM
I very rarely use groups, I just have little need for them.

But site tools on the other hand, now that's something worth spending time on rather than groups.

Mr Spot
2005-10-27, 07:11 AM
Occasionally we use room tags as attached detail groups. They should always have different room numbers, and you shouldn't need to edit the group in order to change the number/name... same with doors/window tags.