PDA

View Full Version : schedule of all families in project?

Cathy Hadley
2005-10-27, 05:11 PM
I'd like to create a schedule (which can be exported) that lists all families in the project? I've tried a couple of things and can't seem to get EVERYTHING... wall sweeps, etc...

I'd like to do this within Revit ? or is the only real way to Export to ODBC?

Thanks for input...

CZH

gordolake
2005-10-28, 06:25 AM
Good idea and one I had myself yesterday. Would make updating multiple projects easer when starting out with revit and constantly updating family libraries. Perhaps it could be achieved by adding a print function to the purge unused dialogue box then it would print out all families and other styles included for the project.

Steve

GuyR
2005-10-28, 07:29 AM
(which can be exported) that lists all families in the project?

What sort of output would you want? txt,html,pdf?

or is the only real way to Export to ODBC?

API would be the ideal way, again depends on what sort of output you'd like.

Would make updating multiple projects easer when starting out with revit and constantly updating family libraries.

Project templates are the way to go.I'd agree an integrated way of maintaining your project templates would be nice.

Guy

sbrown
2005-10-28, 03:50 PM
I assume you tried a multicategory schedule. I haven't ever tried to get everything. If you made your wall sweeps as families, inplace, they would schedule, otherwise I dont see how you can get those.

Cathy Hadley
2005-10-30, 09:08 PM
What I am trying to do... is actually get a listing of all families used in a project so I can see their assembly code. I am working with the E-Spec guys and we need a way to verify that everything in a model has been assigned a code. (or more acurately a listing of all families that do not have a code)

Tried a multi-category schedule, but still things like the wall sweeps, didn't schedule. I don't want to have to change the way a person models, we just want a way to get the info.

I'll probably need to learn more about working with the ODBC export, or maybe some brilliant API guy will figure it out.

GuyR
2005-10-30, 11:45 PM
or maybe some brilliant API guy will figure it out.

I would have thought e-specs would be using the API? If not, why not? This isn't a very difficult command to write. I'm sure one of their programmers would be able to write this a command to do this in about 5 minutes.

Guy