PDA

View Full Version : Save Drafting Views

sbrown
2003-05-22, 01:28 PM
instead of having to copy paste or create groups to reuse details, I would love to be able to just say save drafting view. Second would be the ability to turn a wall section into a drafting view for use on another project.

JamesVan
2003-05-22, 01:46 PM
:idea: If you want to save Drafting Views for use on other projects, select all the objects in the view and Group them. Then use File-Save Group to create an RVG file of the group.

sbrown
2003-05-22, 02:02 PM
yes, but then you still have to recreate the drafting view with the scale and name and I've had big problems with groups, even just detail component groups.

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-22, 02:05 PM
It would be very nice to be able to transfer drafting views to a project from another. Complete, no messing about. We could have a project that contains all the office standard details (drafting views) and simply transfer them in...as needed.

sbrown
2003-05-22, 02:16 PM
Steve,
Hows it going. This is exactly what we do now, we have a project for windows and doors, one for stairs, one for roof details, etc. then we copy paste out of it, the save drafting view is the way to make this easier.

Phil Palmer
2003-05-22, 02:24 PM
Another option would be IF the drafting views could be 'Linked' into the main project.
Then we would be able to do ref callouts etc. to the project with all our standard details in.

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-22, 02:51 PM
Linking would be cool, if only we could keep our "mitts" off of them long enough to be truly standard... :(

GS Fulton
2003-05-22, 06:27 PM
This stuff is really high on my list. I've tried a couple of different ways to get details from one job to another. I recently took a similar job to one I was starting and just saved the whole job out separate. Took that job with all detail cuts & notes on framing and foundation, etc. and deleted walls, doors, and floors. Left all the views set up with cuts, notes, .. etc. Still a bit fussy but I didn't have to create all those views.