PDA

View Full Version : Control of surfaces at floors

Don Sutherland
2005-10-28, 05:29 PM
I have a deck 2x6 and also a concrete finish on the floor plan.
I would to turn off the concrete finish and keep the decking visible, how do I do this?
I would like to keep the concrete visible on some of the other views.

cosmickingpin
2005-10-28, 06:14 PM
Use worksets perhaps?

I have a deck 2x6 and also a concrete finish on the floor plan.
I would to turn off the concrete finish and keep the decking visible, how do I do this?
I would like to keep the concrete visible on some of the other views.

Henry D
2005-10-28, 07:49 PM
You could do this with phases. You will have to place the concrete finish as another floor on top of your deck floor assembly. Then assign a phase to the concrete finish. You can then control the visibility with phase filters. If you are not familiar with using phases refer to the phase tutorial.

jkendsersky
2005-10-29, 01:17 AM
You could also try out creating an in-place family floor. Using this method you can create a sub-category in the objects styles under floor and assign the geometry to this. You’ll be able to go into any view and turn this floor layer on/off. To speed up the toggling of the floor layer being on/off you may want to create new view templates so you can quickly apply your settings to views more easily without going into your visibility/graphic overrides all the time. Also with using an in-place family (selecting family category: floor) you’ll have the ability to attach walls to the underside if needed.

Hope this helps.