PDA

View Full Version : Re-Scaling views

tonyisenhoff
2004-03-04, 02:58 PM
Can you change the scale of multiple views at one time?

Example - I have my (4) elevations created, but when I put them on a sheet I realize that the scale needs to change. Do I have to each one individually?

Tony

gregcashen
2004-03-04, 03:38 PM
I can't remember for sure if view scale is an available field in a view list (schedule) but I imagine it would be. If you make one then you can use that to change things in your views more quickly.

aggockel50321
2004-03-04, 03:41 PM
Not that I know of.

If you're in the sheet view, you don't have to leave the view. You can go over to the project browser & right-click on the view in question to bring up it's view properties & change it's scale there. Or you can right click on the view in question on your sheet, activate that view, & then go to view properties...

Scott D Davis
2004-03-04, 04:22 PM
You can set up a view template with the appropriate scale, and then very quickly apply that to all views that need it.

tonyisenhoff
2004-03-04, 07:07 PM
You still have to apply that view template to each of the (4) elevations, right? I don't think that is much faster than just changing the scale...

Tony

gregcashen
2004-03-04, 07:26 PM
Go to VIEW>NEW>VIEW LIST and create a view list/schedule. Add all fields. Notice there is a field for Scale. Just go down the list and change the scale in the appropriate views. You can make mass changes to a lot of things in Revit (especially Sheets and Views) by using schedules.

tonyisenhoff
2004-03-04, 10:17 PM
Sweet - That is exactly what I'm looking for!

Thanks...

Wishlist - I was originally hoping I could hold down the control key to select multiple views - then change the scale...