PDA

View Full Version : Curved stair calculations

jrocc858
2005-11-01, 05:58 PM
On a curved stair does Revit calculate the rise/run of the stair at the location of the run line? Seems like it does but I can't find anything in the documentation to support this.

Merlin
2005-11-02, 12:39 AM
On a curved stair does Revit calculate the rise/run of the stair at the location of the run line? Seems like it does but I can't find anything in the documentation to support this.

I'm not sure I understand ...could you clarify?......Generally, Revit will calculate the stairs by what you put in the stair properties.

John Mc

Mr Spot
2005-11-02, 05:08 AM
Yes when using the run tool on curved stairs the dimension set for the tread will be correct at the midpoint of the treads...

jrocc858
2005-11-02, 05:54 PM
Yes Revit calculates the stairs by the stair property. I am interested in where on a curved stair it calculates that rise and run. For example where on the tread will a 7/11 actually be 11 inches. From varying the distance between the boundary and the run lines it appears that the rise/run is calculated at the location of the run line. I am interested in this as local code states that the required width of run is provided at a point no farther than 12" from the narrow side of the tread. Thanks for the responses all.