PDA

View Full Version : DGN Export Layers

philipnoland
2005-11-01, 07:28 PM
What does projection and cut mean, in the Import/Export Settings. I am going to send the text file from the data file so that the person using Microstation can fill out there levels and color IDs. However there is Projection and Cut and I am not very sure what we use these for and how that relates to the transfer.

Thanks
Flip

Steve_Stafford
2005-11-01, 07:41 PM
Projection is the lineweight used when the object is not "cut" and cut is...well when the object is "cut". So walls are a good example, heavier line when cut and lighter when not. View Range governs this projection lineweight by defining the Primary Range that this change will occur. The line type "Beyond" is applied to lines outside the Primary Range.

The export file allows you to specify two different Levels (Layers), taking the wall for our example, depending on whether it is cut or not.

philipnoland
2005-11-01, 09:44 PM
So if I wanted to change the level and color ID of the poche of the walls what would I change.

Another problem I was having was the 3D Chairs exploding.

Another problem was the dimensions not ending up in the right place.

Should I export dimensions seprately and have Microstation refrence it in?

Thoughts

Steve_Stafford
2005-11-01, 09:51 PM
Wall poche, the cut pattern, does not yet have a way to segregate it to a separate Level/Layer. Wall surface/material patterns do. In AutoCAD it is easy to select the hatches and switch them to a separate Level/layer. Not much different in Microstation. Until there is a separate category for exporting the wall cut pattern that's what you'll need to do. Or...you could...not export the pattern by using the coarse detail setting. If this export is for backgrounds "they" usually don't care about the poche (I say this with no idea who is getting these and risk offending them :smile: )

Which version of Microstation are they using? If they are using V8 or more recent you may try sending them a dwg export and see how that goes? The newer versions of V8 read dwg directly. I'm not sure how well they are coping with the new features like tables, dynamic blocks etc though, not that it factors into this discussion really.

philipnoland
2005-11-01, 09:56 PM
What about region fills? I have a stone pattern and it comes out way to dark. Is this the Color Fill category?