PDA

View Full Version : Roof plan and walls below

Matt Mercer
2005-11-01, 10:14 PM
Can someone tell me why my lines do not show up underneath my roof on the roof plan?

Thanks

SkiSouth
2005-11-01, 10:37 PM
Use a detail line for the line to lay over the top of a view. If you've used a Model line, and the model lines are assigned to the floor plan level, and you are in a hidden line view, the lines will be obscured by the physical roof Revit "sees".. So, to have a hidden line show under your roof plan, switch to wireframe, use a Detail hidden line, tab to select the exterior walls, then switch back to Hidden line view. If you draw a Model line on a work plane above the roof to show as hidden lines,
then they possibly would show in another view. You could make a new object style that could be controlled in each view, but that's a bit too much (unnecessary) work.

erikbjur
2005-11-01, 10:38 PM
Set view to wire frame or use underlay.

Merlin
2005-11-01, 10:40 PM
Can someone tell me why my lines do not show up underneath my roof on the roof plan?

Thanks

Hi Matt,
It'll depend on how you set up that particular Plan View.

You could try this:
1. Under Visibility, ensure the walls are turned on.
2. Use Linetool to select the External lines of the walls as a hidden (or whatever you use ) linetype.

You may try to acheive this while having the view to wireframe first. Once the line tool has been applied, change to hidden view.

Give that a shot and let us know if it worked. I haven't got my computer with Revit nearby at present.

Hope this helps

John Mc

Matt Mercer
2005-11-01, 11:01 PM
Using the detail line instead of a model line is what fixed it. Thanks to everyone reply - I hope someday soon I can start answering some questions.

aaronrumple
2005-11-01, 11:33 PM
We need to start a "How to" forum with common answers to this sort of things with attached examples....

Merlin
2005-11-02, 12:31 AM
We need to start a "How to" forum with common answers to this sort of things with attached examples....

Aaron,
Not a bad idea!