PDA

View Full Version : Nested Family

swissclive54638
2004-03-05, 12:28 PM
We have drawing titleblocks and to add a revision note we import a generic annotation family.

It would be better if this family could be preloaded into the titleblock (like a nested block in AutoCAD). However, when we do this, the parameters in the revision note becomae uneditable when the titleblock is loaded.

Is there any way round this? Thanks.

mlgatzke
2004-03-05, 02:07 PM
Why isnt' the titleblock in your template already? I would recommend placing the titleblock into your default template. Then, place the revision object in there too. This way, when you begin a new project, the revision object is already in it along with your titleblock.

swissclive54638
2004-03-05, 04:23 PM
Yes, that's right - but when you create a new sheet view, you then have to drag the revision note to the correct place on the sheet. I just wondered if the revision note could already be placed correctly when you create a new sheet, without actually making it part of the titleblock.

aaronrumple
2004-03-05, 04:31 PM
Tried this here and I expected the nested parameter to show up. It did not. I sent the file to Revit for review...

Steve_Stafford
2004-03-05, 04:33 PM
Are you saying that you have a specific location on your sheet that always has a revision symbol but that until a revision occurs it is blank...how about an image of this? You could create the graphics as a sub-category to your titleblock so it could be turned "on and off" and the value can be a shared project parameter so it can be edited on a sheet by sheet basis. Just some ideas

swissclive54638
2004-03-05, 04:43 PM
I've attached an image of the titleblock. For each new revision we complete a description in the area above the word "amendment". A new amendment note is added for each revision. It would just be handy for the first one to be correctly pre-placed.

Steve_Stafford
2004-03-05, 05:01 PM
Dear Mr. Cheese...I removed the "extra" post but the attachment was part of the one I removed...I'm very sorry, but could you post it again, just edit the post that remains and attach the image again. Sorry! :oops: