PDA

View Full Version : Property Line Visibility

David Sammons
2005-11-02, 12:48 AM
I added a property line to my foundation plan but it is not visible in plan. In RS there is no 'Site' visibility control. How can I make the property line visible? The 'Help' button says to open a 'Site Plan View'. Is this view different than any other plan view?

vaughnmr
2005-11-02, 01:28 AM
When you are in your plan view (not the foundation view where you added the property lines), type "v v" and you will see the visibility/graphics override screen. Scroll down to "Site" and turn on Property Lines (these are Model Lines, and will appear or not appear in every view depending on how your views are set up - Detail lines will only appear in the view that you place them).

Note that these are view specific controls, and that's how you start to set up your views.

Michael

vaughnmr
2005-11-02, 01:36 AM
Maybe RS is so different than Revit Building that you have no controls over some RB objects... I hope not. Some of us in RB are starting to see things disabled (from the RS package) that we would really like to have (like decking in detail views).

Michael

David Sammons
2005-11-02, 01:37 AM
'Site' does not appear in my visibility/graphics override screen.

vaughnmr
2005-11-02, 01:46 AM
I'll have to install the RS demo to see what's going on, meanwhile look in the detail lines under model categories.

Michael

David Sammons
2005-11-02, 02:02 AM
I opened this file in RB and the property lines are visible when I select 'Site' from the visibility/graphics override screen. I just do not have the option to select 'Site' in RS even though I can add property lines and other site components in RS.

David Sammons
2005-11-02, 02:05 AM
Now after saving the file in RB and reopening it in RS, the property lines appear in RS but I can not control their visibility from within RS.

vaughnmr
2005-11-02, 02:11 AM
I may have been off base here, did you actually draw a property line boundary (from the "Site" design bar at the left? (If you can't see that, go to top menu "window/design bar" and check the box to turn it on, in fact turn all of them on). Did you draw a closed boundary or did you just draw some Model lines or Detail lines on the view. Model lines will appear in any view (that have them turned on), while detail lines will only appear in that view.

Just trying to confirm what your problem is...

vaughnmr
2005-11-02, 02:16 AM
Sorry, my post came after yours.

May be a big problem, I have seen times in the past (I last did mostly structural drafting work) where I needed to draw some "architectural" things. I recommend posting your problem to support, they have been very responsive.

Michael

Tom Weir
2005-11-02, 05:07 PM
Hi,
I drew a property line by sketch and it did not appear on the plan as you say. When you go into visibility graphics you will notice that only the structural model categories are showing. But there is a check box: "inlcude categories from all disciplines in the list above".

When you check that you can then see the site category. Once I checked the site category I could then see my properly line.

Could that be your problem?

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

David Sammons
2005-11-02, 05:12 PM
Thanks Tom. That solved my problem.