PDA

View Full Version : Elevations

rodneyf
2003-05-22, 02:53 PM
How do you hide the foundation stuff in an elevation view? Other than turning off the visibilty of the objects. I want to show a grade line and then from that point down hide those objects.

Thanks,

christopher.zoog51272
2003-05-22, 03:01 PM
See this (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=224) thread

rodneyf
2003-05-22, 04:44 PM
8) Okay what about using a filled region so nothing shows up under my grade line?

Thanks,

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-22, 04:46 PM
That works too...just depends on which you prefer and what your "end game" is.

GS Fulton
2003-05-22, 06:03 PM
Actually, If you model the site (topography) it'll show the grade line and you won't see the footings. I usually do a combination of that and filled regions for CD's.

Dean Camlin
2003-05-23, 08:47 PM
... But, as I've pointed out before, be careful when you use filled regions for masking the ground on elevation drawings, because these have a tendency (unless this has recently been corrected) to mask out your view title, and anything else that's part of your sheet. And you won't see this until you plot or do a plot preview. I know it doesn't make sense, but that's the behavior I've noticed.

JTF
2003-05-26, 11:47 AM
Actually, If you model the site (topography) it'll show the grade line and you won't see the footings. I usually do a combination of that and filled regions for CD's.

I would like to use this method more often but is there a way of not having the earth hatch pattern showing.

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-26, 11:52 AM
Assign a different pattern or none to the material assigned to the topo.

JTF
2003-05-26, 04:41 PM
Steve I have tried to change the material but it does not seem to change the earth pattern.

As you can see in the attached image.

I have changed to different materials like water, wood, etc.. but the earth pattern stays the same. The topo surface changes but not the hatch pattern in elevation.

Also I don't seem to have a none in my material list.

I would like to see no pattern at all but would like to see it still cover up the fondation so that I could draft it in dashed.

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-26, 05:17 PM
You assign the material for the site in Settings>Site Settings...at the bottom left is a drop down combo box where you select the material definition you want to use. It's usually set to Earth. You can also set the depth you want in the DDC box to the right.

JTF
2003-05-26, 05:22 PM
Thank you Steve.