PDA

View Full Version : Trial Version Help

RodneyLester
2004-03-05, 01:46 PM
I downloaded and installed the Revit 6.0 shortly after it was released. I was not able to try it out much in those 30 days. I had to remove it from my computer for some system maintenance. Now when i redownloaded the latest build and installed it, it still is in the "No Save / No Print" demo mode.

I have some time now and would like to really give it close look, is there any way to get a new 30 days of full functionallity?

mlgatzke
2004-03-05, 02:04 PM
The best that we (those I work with and myself) can conclude is that Revit buries a registry hack that states the installation date of the software. The software then reads that date to decide if you are within the original 30 days or not. Uninstalling and reinstalling the software doesn't matter. The registry setting remains. Even setting the computers clock back doesn't seem to help. The only way you can get the 30 days back is to reformat the drive and reinstall the trial software. For solutions other than that, you'll have to contact Autodesk and see if they'll send you a temporary license file.

RodneyLester
2004-03-05, 02:19 PM
Thanks, Thats exactly what i figured... i even tried to find it in my registry but to no avail... obviosly it wouldnt do much good for them if i could find it myself and change it.

cphubb
2004-03-05, 03:32 PM
Contact your reseller. When we were trying out ADT and Revit(prior to the 30 day demo) they provided us with a temporary license for 30 days after which we were supposed to buy it or stop using the software. If you look at the EULA that exception is shown. I would think that most resellers would help you out if they could make a sale and possible some training as well.

Chris

TeamRPM
2004-03-05, 04:33 PM
Interestingly enough I had a similar situation a few months back but after running regedit and cleaning it out I had no problem reinstalling and running revit in full mode. Got a licensed version now since it worked out so well.

Scott D Davis
2004-03-05, 06:13 PM
You can reset your system clock back every time you want to try Revit, to the date in which it was functional. As long as the computer thinks the date is within the 30 days, you should be good. Just remember to set it back when doing other work, otherwise all of your files, email, etc will show the old date.

caw67349270
2012-12-25, 08:47 PM
The best that we (those I work with and myself) can conclude is that Revit buries a registry hack that states the installation date of the software. The software then reads that date to decide if you are within the original 30 days or not. Uninstalling and reinstalling the software doesn't matter. The registry setting remains. Even setting the computers clock back doesn't seem to help. The only way you can get the 30 days back is to reformat the drive and reinstall the trial software. For solutions other than that, you'll have to contact Autodesk and see if they'll send you a temporary license file.

For AutoCad 30 day trial version, could I just delete the contents of my temporary folders and reinstall trial version again. Would I get any error messages? Would my 2nd installation override my 1st installation? What does reformat the drive mean?

caw67349270
2012-12-26, 12:38 AM
You can reset your system clock back every time you want to try Revit, to the date in which it was functional. As long as the computer thinks the date is within the 30 days, you should be good. Just remember to set it back when doing other work, otherwise all of your files, email, etc will show the old date.

I get a pop up window when I opened AutoCad that says, "A license error has occurred due to a change in your system date/time settings". Now what?

johncubed209967
2012-12-29, 08:29 PM
Try CCleaner
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/registry-cleaner/fr/ccleaner.htm