PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic block stretch in both directions from one grip?

kb3cxe
2005-11-03, 02:59 AM
Hello,

I have created a block of a cased doorway and the insertion point is at the midpoint at the bottom. After inserting it into the rough opening I would like to be able to grab one grip, and stretch the width of the doorway in both directions from the insertion point. Is this possible or am I wasting my time?

Thank you for any help,
Roland

Opie
2005-11-03, 05:38 AM
It is possible. I'm just not the one to show you how. Have you looked at some of the sample drawings provided with AutoCAD? Most of the different dynamic block abilities are shown in those samples.

Rico
2005-11-03, 08:37 PM
Hello,

I have created a block of a cased doorway and the insertion point is at the midpoint at the bottom. After inserting it into the rough opening I would like to be able to grab one grip, and stretch the width of the doorway in both directions from the insertion point. Is this possible or am I wasting my time?

Thank you for any help,
Roland
quite possible. I'm sure there are multiple ways to get around to doing this, but the way I did it was to stretch the overall door and then add another stretch attribute (attached to the original linear parameter) for all mullions and things you want centered and adding a distance multiplier of .5 (so that no matter how far it stretches, the mullions and jambs always remain at the center of the overall width)

I know there is another way of doing this type of thing, but I've been pulled into a major project and have recently not had the time to do more research on Dynamic Blocks.

Any other Dynamic Block people out there wanna give this a try?

Opie
2005-11-03, 08:59 PM
Look into the Concrete Pipe - Imperial block located in the original tool palette under Civil/Structural. I think this is what you are trying to accomplish.

cwade
2005-11-03, 10:11 PM
Simply click on your strech action and go to the properties dialog box, towards the bottom there is a property called Base location (the first one under Misc., select "Midpoint" and save your block.