PDA

View Full Version : More Schedule grouping fields

E-Key
2005-11-03, 04:23 PM
Hi everybody,
I need to group my data by more than 4 parameters. And I have a hope that Revit gurus know smart way to do that.
Thanks

sbrown
2005-11-03, 04:31 PM
What do you mean 4 parameters? Can you post an example of what you want?

E-Key
2005-11-03, 04:35 PM
What do you mean 4 parameters? Can you post an example of what you want?Here it is the screen of Sorting/Grouping and it has 4 fields to do that. I need more ones.

aaronrumple
2005-11-03, 05:23 PM
I've bumped into that limitation too...

Steve_Stafford
2005-11-04, 02:53 AM
Might be able to use filters to strip the data down first and then sort/group? Means more schedules perhaps but they would have the collection reduced first? Hard to say without an actual example of what you want to do though.

aaronrumple
2005-11-04, 03:27 AM
My latest title sheet was a good example. We have the general C,L,S,A, MEP, FP sheets. But then we have a bunch of building types. Each building is a small set of all the related disciplines. This required me to sort by General and Building type index. (because G comes before Building A) Then general/building group (for the header). Then discipline index (becase they go S,A,MEP, FP), then discipline for an automatic header, then sheet number. Whoops - too many.

So I need a whole bunch of separate schedules created with filters.

eldad
2007-03-19, 12:53 AM
Same here too!
We should have an option to add filters as needed, who came up with only 4??
especially when you do an area plans with GFA and NLA...

E-Key
2007-03-19, 01:59 AM
During my exploration while I work with schedules I've found a way how to decrease number of field I need to filter or sort by. For instance we have a windows schedule containing fields Width, Height and Sill Height and we need to group and sort the schedule by those parameters and some others (Level and Type for instance). The number of parameters for sorting exceeds 4. To overcome the problem we can create a calculated field WindowSummaryParameter = Width*10000+ Height + Sill Height*.0001. So we combine tree field into one and save two parameters for filtering or sorting.
Unfortunately we can't use text fields to make arranges. Anyway I use this method and it expands Revit schedules limitations.