PDA

View Full Version : Room Schedule Options

Clyne Curtis
2005-11-03, 05:18 PM
Hey All,

We are laying out a 12 story building on our campus and I am trying to figure out the best way to handle room scheduling by floor. As I have searched previous posts it seems that I have two options It has been suggested that each floor be created using a different phase and the rooms could then be tagged within each phase and separate schedules generated.

or

Place all the rooms in a single schedule and handle the individual floor scheduling through the use of the filtering options.

I'm hoping to find out more of the pluses and minuses of these methods or any other method you might be using. This project is the first of many buildings we will be migrating to Revit over the next year and I would definitely like to start on the right foot!

Thanks!

Clyne
BYU

aaronrumple
2005-11-03, 05:37 PM
You can add the level parameter to your schedule, then filter for one level. That's the way the program was designed to handle this situation.

Clyne Curtis
2005-11-03, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the reply and the example, Aaron. That seems to be the best way to put it all together!

Thanks!

Clyne

mrem080758994
2017-11-07, 08:11 PM
hi aaron,

When I try to find the "level" filter, it is not an option- do you have any idea why that is?
I opened the sample file you provided and all of my schedule properties appear to be the same..

any help would be greatly appreciated.

DaveP
2017-11-08, 02:41 PM
Maybe because this is a twelve-year-old post?

But seriously, folks: I opened his file, and the Level shows up for me.
Are you clicking on the "Filter" tab in the "2nd Level Rooms" schedule?
When I open it, I see:
Level equals Level 2
(I'd upload a picture, but AUGI doesn't let me do that anymore)