PDA

View Full Version : Darker Printing

dsw98
2005-11-03, 06:29 PM
How would I make some text print darker or lighter than other text?

Kroke
2005-11-03, 06:30 PM
Duplicate the text but change the color field from black to something else in the gray fields.

dsw98
2005-11-03, 06:46 PM
The text I want to change is as black as it will go. So I'm guessing it's the font it's self that is the problem.

kpaxton
2005-11-03, 06:46 PM
Yes K, that would work for 'greying out' text. However, it's not the Font's problem. If you want to control the weight of the linework of the text, do the following:

Under Settings > Lineweights there is a tab for Annotation Lineweights. Make sure you've got these set to what you like.

When you select Text under the drafting tab (or others), and you edit it's Properties,
you set the lineweight to one of these numbers (1, 2, 3, etc...).

Just duplicate your text, rename and adjust the lineweights. Have fun!!

Kyle

Kroke
2005-11-03, 06:51 PM
Oh ok, I misunderstood the q evidently, but thanks for the tip, I didn't even know that setting existed. :D

David Sammons
2005-11-03, 08:25 PM
This will change the lineweight of annotations such as grid lines and the selection box around the text but it does not control the lineweight of text. You can make text bold if you need it to be heavier than other text.

kpaxton
2005-11-03, 11:00 PM
Shucks.... I hate being wrong.

David's explanation is correct. After a few tests, I manipulated the text to have multiple weights. The only thing that changed was the leader that came off of them. So much for Lineweight Control... Anyone else have any comments regarding this? The Factory perhaps?

Thanks,
Kyle

BWG
2005-11-03, 11:24 PM
I have always had this problem with true type fonts.