PDA

View Full Version : Edit Wall Profile Button

max
2005-11-03, 08:54 PM
I just looked at one of the DG Cad videos for version 8 and there was a button to edit the profile of a wall. I can't find this button in 8.1. Could someone tell me where to find it?

Thanks

aaronrumple
2005-11-03, 09:02 PM
Have to select the wall first.

JamesVan
2005-11-04, 06:01 AM
Max,

Just to clarify...where the Edit Profile button appears is the "Options Bar" - a dynamic content bar that constantly changes, based on what tool you're using or what object(s) you have selected.

max
2005-11-04, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the responses.

The wall that I am trying to edit is a curved wall. The edit profile button does not appear when you select a curved wall.

Thanks

max

aaronrumple
2005-11-04, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the responses.

The wall that I am trying to edit is a curved wall. The edit profile button does not appear when you select a curved wall.

Thanks

max
Correct. You'll need to:

1. Draw a ref. plane in elevation and attach the wall to that if you want a simple slope.
2. Attach the wall to a roof if that is the case.
3. Create an in-place family with a series of voids to cut the top of the wall as needed.
4. Create a mass object and generate the wall from that.

admin.100034
2005-11-25, 08:10 PM
How did you make a wall of that mass model?
I need to make a curved wall that connects to a sloped wall. The problem is that the curved wall starts at the outside and ends inside the house. Thus I want the finish texture as well as the isolation to stop at the edge of the sloped wall.