PDA

View Full Version : HARD RETURN(CTRL-ENTER) NOT WORKING FOR TITLES???

luigi
2005-11-04, 04:06 PM
Is it true, or just a fluke? Please tell me that if anybody tries it ....it works!!!!

For those of you that didn't know, if you wanted to have 2 lines of the title, all you had to do is go to the propery view (it won't do it on the screen) and type (ctrl-Enter) between 2 words, it will show up in 2 lines...............

I just tried it and it doesn't work, I am using Autodesk Revit Building 8.1 - 20050914_0100

Please someone tell me the Factory didn't eliminate this feature......:-?

david.kingham
2005-11-04, 04:20 PM
It was changed in 8.1, there was a workaround on the beta forums but they have taken them down :( I can't remember what the solution was now...something about copy and pasting from the project address dialog, but I can't get it to work

Michelle Gibson
2005-11-04, 04:30 PM
I would also like to be able to this is in my drawing list but it doesn't work - I still end up adding a whole bunch of spaces until I get two lines on the view, and then in the list there is this big space for drawings with two names. Yuch.

Damo
2005-11-04, 05:09 PM
Hi Luigi,

I too have noticed the loss of this function. I hate using lots of spaces, as it's so hard to judge the right formatting

beegee
2005-11-05, 02:48 AM
Warning Workaround Ahead:

In the project, Enter the Project Title in the Project Address field, where you can add line returns. Then cut and paste that text into the Project Title field.

david.kingham
2005-11-06, 06:28 PM
Does that work for anything else besides the project title? Everywhere else I try I get this error Name cannot contain any of the following characters:
\ : { } [ ] | ; < > ? ` ~
or any of the non-printable characters.

beegee
2005-11-06, 09:50 PM
Like this ?

david.kingham
2005-11-06, 10:09 PM
Huh? I'm talking about putting multiple lines in other fields, like the sheet name and what not, I don't really care, i would never use it, just for others :)

DaveP
2005-11-07, 03:48 PM
I haven't tried this, but I thought I remembered something about using SHIFT Enter instead of Ctrl.

Can't find the thread now, either.

luigi
2005-11-07, 03:54 PM
Shift didn't work, and Beege, pasting the "symbol" from the project address didn't work either, it gave the error that david posted....

It's a very sad moment....:cry:

beegee
2005-11-08, 01:36 AM
Which project information field are you attempting to enter symbols in ?

Shift didn't work, and Beege, pasting the "symbol" from the project address didn't work either, it gave the error that david posted....

It's a very sad moment....:cry:

luigi
2005-11-08, 08:22 AM
Which project information field are you attempting to enter symbols in ?Hi Beegee, I am trying to enter it in the title of a specific drawing (i.e. floor plan or elevation, etc.) It stopped working...