PDA

View Full Version : Revit exchange?

Wagurto
2005-11-06, 02:31 PM
What happened with Revit exchange? is it finally ready? how many of you use it?

archjake
2005-11-06, 04:36 PM
Currently I do not use it. If we could upload our families and more were available then I'd be inclined to use it when ever I needed a new family, or to look for family to modify for my needs. Its too bad it doesn't work.

mikemck
2005-11-07, 12:10 AM
For me as a new user who has no skill at creating or modifying families, the exchange is vitally important.

I am just starting to do projects in Revit instead of AutoCAD.

I spend an awful lot of time dealing with lack of components to use in projects.

In my desperation, I do look in the exchange when I can't find something with a message search or a look at RevitCity.

Currently, I think the exchange is awkward to use. I haven't figured out the viewer install routine. I think the family browser at RevitCity works pretty well.

It is also confusing having a Revit exchange as well as an AUGI exchange where you can search for Revit stuff. I don't know if these two "exchanges" are really the same with different access points or two entirely different things.

Again, having a thriving exchange is very, very important to me.

Mike

beegee
2005-11-07, 12:43 AM
Hi Mike,

Currently the Revit Exchange and the AUGI Exchange are two different entities.

AUGI is looking at combining them into one.

More content and uploads for Revit files are also on the agenda.

janunson
2005-11-07, 07:50 PM
What happened with Revit exchange? is it finally ready? how many of you use it?
Where is it?

max
2005-11-07, 07:53 PM
i would use it more if more families were available. I have not learned to make families yet so I have to look for ones posted by others.

max

robmorfin
2005-11-07, 10:34 PM
I don't like the way it works, specially the organization, it is impossible to find anything and it is annoying to look for a window that you need having to browse through other 1,000 windows that you will never use, Rugi's organization was much better on the main page, once inside windows or doors you got the same problem as Augi, I think Revitcity.com is got the best organization at this time although sometimes objects are kind of misplaced and I don't think their forum is as good as this one.