PDA

View Full Version : Grouped room layout can't be paste properly?

Richard McCarthy
2004-03-08, 02:29 AM
Anyone have problem with Copying a "grouped" room layout and pasting it to another level?? I seem to have A LOT of problem with this, on some levels, it work, on another it will totally screw things up and refused to be paste....
I have tried "UNgrouping" it but it will affect the grouping of the objects are once you ungroup, the objects just kinda dispersed all over the places and there is little I can do about it...

I have also made all the wall joints that is going to be linked to the existing level all "Disallowed joint", but for some reason some of the INTERNAL WALLS (which are very far away removed from the outside walls still tries to link up with external walls. It makes editing it one hell of a job.

Any suggestion?

beegee
2004-03-08, 02:56 AM
Check out the good information in This Topic (www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2033&highlight=group+paste)

Greg Cashen also had a good tip for Group behaviour :-

The key here (according to the Revit team at AU) is to not group the elements that have other relationships...or to eliminate those relationships.

For instance, if you group a room layout, do not group walls into the layout that are constrained to levels...when you try to place the group on another level, the wall is still looking for the old base and top constraints...which are not there anymore.

At the end of the first topic, Scott Brown has another tip that may help

One other tip for large projects from AU is to use structural families for floor slabs or other repeating objects(balconies, etc.) this is a huge memory saver and saves time in editing. My plan is that I make the first floor slab real(in-place) then export it and turn it into a struct. family then re-insert and copy to each level. Then if a change is needed, I can make it in the family editor and just reload.