PDA

View Full Version : Stair Landings....

kasoper
2005-11-07, 05:20 PM
Hi, I am new to Revit and trying to lay out stairs. I have used the stair tool in the modeling menu to lay them out and everything worked ok, except for the landing size. I need to modify them to fit our shaft size. I have tried to modify the landings by following different things discussed on other threads and our "help" book, but I seem to be getting no where. I keep running into these sort of messages when I try to redo the boundaries, “Stairs Boundaries (chains of one or more Boundary Lines) should not form closed loops” or “Stairs require no more than two boundaries (chains of one or more Boundary Lines)”, but I don’t understand what this means. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Rhythmick
2005-11-07, 06:06 PM
You can not connect one side of the stair boundry with the other side, there needs to be two separate side boundry lines. Post a plan view of the landing shaft that needs to be fitted and someone can show you how to lay out the stair border lines.

kasoper
2005-11-07, 06:19 PM
I appreciate your help. Attached is a cropped basement plan that shows the start of the problem at the second landing. Our shaft length is approximately 20'-2" and the stairs from landing to landing are only 17'-6".

Rhythmick
2005-11-07, 10:14 PM
Not Sure I'm following exactly what you have going, but this may help.I circled the section where I can not allow the landing line to touch the stringer lines from below so I set a 1/4" gap there.
Perhaps a simpler solution for when you have multiple landings that cross over boundry lines below on the same set of stairs would be to make every second landing a floor, so you do not have to leave a gap as mentioned above, Then do multiple sets of stairs.
Maybe someone else with multiple stacked landing experience will chime in here!