PDA

View Full Version : Wall surface pattern

kwong
2005-11-08, 10:18 AM
Hi all,
I made a wall surface pattern of horizontal lines 600mm apart and I want the pattern to start a certain distance from the top of the wall. Is there a way to set it globally so I don't have to align it every time I draw a wall? Thanks.
kwong

blads
2005-11-08, 12:46 PM
Hi all,
I made a wall surface pattern of horizontal lines 600mm apart and I want the pattern to start a certain distance from the top of the wall. Is there a way to set it globally so I don't have to align it every time I draw a wall? Thanks.
kwong
Without setting it globally the easiesy way I know to apply a surface pattern 600mm from the top of the wall would be to split the wall face desired, then apply "paint" using the paintbrush - tedious but it works.

Setting it globally, would require the creation of a stacked wall (I think???).

sbrown
2005-11-08, 02:17 PM
You can in the wall properties>structure>edit, preview.section, split the face fo the wall a set dim from the top of the wall and change the material of the top section to something else, this should get your pattern to start where you want.

Chirag Mistry
2005-11-08, 02:22 PM
If it is a model pattern, align will work.

eddy.lermytte
2005-11-08, 03:26 PM
In addition
if you plan to change the pattern's distance from top ... consider to lock the patterns after aligning ... that way they will go up or down "globally"

kwong
2005-11-08, 10:07 PM
Thanks all who replied. I think I might give Scott's suggestion a go as aligning will take forever as all the walls have been drawn and I don't want to have to go around aligning each one!!!

Scott,
I tried what you suggested but couldn't assign different patterns to the split regions - every time I assign one pattern to one region it gets assigned to the other. What am I doing wrong?