PDA

View Full Version : view title & rotation

sfaust
2004-03-08, 09:03 PM
I have a building that is linger north/south, hence I need to rotate it 90 degrees on the sheet for it to fit at the correct scale. I changed "view rotation on sheet" to 90 degrees counterclockwise. The problem is that the room tags/text and view title rotate with it. I still want all of the text to read horizontally and the view title to be in the same place, how do I do that?

steve

PeterJ
2004-03-08, 09:22 PM
Your best bet is to look at the project north/true north tools or rotate all the text labels, or perhaps replace them with new lables at 90 degrees to true.

aggockel50321
2004-03-08, 10:04 PM
Or you can go back to the view itself, turn on the crop region, select the region, pick the rotate command, & drag the view or type in the angle.

Note that if you type in the angle, the geometry will rotate opposite what you think, i.e. +90° will rotate the view clockwise 90°.

Adjust the crop region to get what you want, & then turn it off if you want.

The room tags, text, etc. will stay in it's original (horizontal) position.

sbrown
2004-03-08, 10:18 PM
In revit it is a good idea to start your project orthagonally with the long edge parallel to the long edge of your sheet. Then you use as the previous poster suggested the "rotate" to true north to show the proper orientation on a site plan. Since you started opposite this you will have to either rotate your whole building(if your not too far along, I'd suggest doing this.) If you are too far along, you need to create a callout of your plan and rotate that 90 deg. then place your tags in that view.