PDA

View Full Version : Worksets - Error Updating Titleblock

dsw98
2005-11-08, 11:35 PM
I have a project that has workshare enabled. I am trying to make minor adjustments to a titleblock that already existed inside this project. When I try to upload the updated titleblock into the project an error message comes up that says "This action has caused deletion of non-editable Workset ' Project Standards '. It gives me the option to "Make Element Editable" but when I click on the button nothing happens, and that some error box just keeps popping up. And it's not really deleting "Project Standards". Is there no way to fix this. I know that once a project is Workshare enabled it's stuck that way. Any suggestions?

david.kingham
2005-11-09, 12:05 AM
When the error comes up expand it and there should be an element id of the object that is causing the problem, write that down, then go to Tools > Element ID's > Select by id, input the number, this will select the element, then push delete, then try to reload the titleblock again. If this doesn't work try deleting the titleblock from the project browser first then reload it...if all else fails send it to support

dsw98
2005-11-09, 03:14 PM
That didn't work. Is there a way to completely unload a titleblock from the project like you can with unused families (purge).

sbrown
2005-11-09, 03:16 PM
Yes, in the project browser, scroll down to families, find your title block family and delete. The only problem is when you want your new one you need someway to know where the origin was.

the error your getting is odd. I would try to save your tblk as another name, load it in and swap it out.

dsw98
2005-11-09, 03:20 PM
Sweet that worked. But to back up a step I tried deleting it from my browser and I got that same error. But then did as you just suggested and it worked. Good thinking. Who do these computers think they are dealing with :-)