PDA

View Full Version : Structural Elements inside Walls

chriscooper
2005-11-09, 12:29 AM
I keep running across the problem of when I cut a section across a wall with a structural element in it I don't get to see the structural member due to the wall 'not being invisible'.

In Plan this same wall shows structural members/columns in it but in section it doesn't. The only way I can find around it is to edit the cut profile and cut out the structural element boundary so I can see it, not much fun when there is a heap of members.

The wall type is a metal clad wall. I provide structural drawings for the wall girts. I thought of just making the wall the external cladding but then the doors and windows don't sit in the right position.

Anybody got any suggestions.

barathd
2005-11-09, 12:54 AM
Chris:

Try setting your display mode to "wireframe". You will definately see everything but it might be more than what you want - you may need to alter some of your linework to invisible, hidden, etc. Good luck.

chriscooper
2005-11-09, 01:01 AM
Yes, I am aware of that way but the way I have been doing it seems better than that.....

sjsl
2005-11-09, 03:38 AM
Set your view to "Fine", Revit default for structural elements is "Coarse" and it will only show a line.