PDA

View Full Version : Customization and Details

rlwade1890
2004-03-09, 05:48 PM
I am think of switching from Desktop 2004 to Revit 6.0 and I have some questions for those who have been using the program. I am testing the trial version right now and the program seems to be great if your design work is not out of the ordinary but when it comes to unique details it seams to be harder to manipulate.

1. How hard is it to create custom details such as window heads and frames. (see attached file)

2 What if you want to set where your brick coursing starts in elevation. (see attached elevation)

3. The last residential project I designed looked like this in elevation. How would I make the roof material (metal) come down the walls in certain areas only? (see attached elevation)

Thank you

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=1694

sbrown
2004-03-09, 06:19 PM
No problem, thats a very simple detail.

Scott D Davis
2004-03-09, 06:54 PM
the attached JPG, what was this created in?

The detail is very simple. Infact, every bit of geometry in that detail would come from the model, except for the metal stud, which would be placed as a detail component in the detail callout.

beegee
2004-03-09, 10:04 PM
2 What if you want to set where your brick coursing starts in elevation. (see attached elevation)

The coursing pattern is a simple to adjust.

Press TAB to prehighlight a pattern line, which Autodesk Revit calls a shape handle. Look at the Status Bar to see if you have prehighlighted a shape handle. If the desired pattern line is not prehighlighted, move your pointer near the line and press TAB again until it prehighlights.
Click to select the shape handle.
Drag the shape handle or use the Move command to move the pattern lines

The last residential project I designed looked like this in elevation. How would I make the roof material (metal) come down the walls in certain areas only? (see attached elevation)

No problem. A number of ways this could be done.
1. Split wall and paint on material.
2. Split wall and redefine segments as other wall types with the correct finish material.
3. Use a compound wall.

Enjoy revit !

Griff
2004-03-09, 10:27 PM
I have only been using Revit a couple of months, but before that I was an ADT user for many years. Believe me, to create the detail you have drawn, just take a section of your wall and place a metal stud (already in Revit) and your detail in complete. Revit is increadable. There are still several things I'm learning but I have never enjoyed a program as much as Revit. It is actually fun now to work.