PDA

View Full Version : Key Schedule

ford347
2005-11-09, 04:29 PM
I have created my lighting schedule and have just based the whole thing off of a key schedule with types i.e. A,B,C,D that match my Type marks in my lighting components...i.e.....A,B,C,D. I did this so I don't have to assign all the information straight to the family forcing me to create a lot of families when they all look the same in plan view. I thought this would keep things flexible, yet productive. Question is. I am finding that I would like to reference notes, rather than just type some remarks in a column. I would like to 'say' or reference things like; NL=night light where noted......timeclock where noted......photoelectric cell where noted...yada yada. But some of these things need to be noted to one light fixture, or anything in any kind of schedule for that matter. So in the "NOTES" column, I would like to choose from key notes like...1,2....3,4....etc. That would reference a key schedule appropriatley, then I could drop the key schedule next to the appropriate schedule on a sheet. I would like to do this for material keys, etc. But I can't figure it out. The only way I can think of is making a seperate key for every material or note and somehow incorporating that back into the master. There's got to be an easier way, or at least I'm hoping, I just don't have the experince yet with the keys to get there. Could someone shed some light on this one for me?? Thanks ahead of time.

archjake
2005-11-09, 05:12 PM
I'd say make a key schedule for your notes but... This would only allow you to select one at a time. Perhaps you should just add a notes column to your key schedule and have list of notes in a drafting view.

Definitely a limitation.

ford347
2005-11-09, 10:03 PM
Yeah, it looks like for notes maybe you just have to create a drafting view like you said and keep it organized. It's too bad you can't be more flexible. For a room schedule it wouldn't be to daunting to create a north wall material, south wall material......etc. key schedule so you would have the option of choosing those from a list, and also dropping that key schedule on a sheet for the material legend. That's pretty much all I was getting at. But for things like notes, there might be too many. If anybody else has any better ideas than mine, please post....I would like to do the same thing every time and become more efficient with my scheduling. Thanks!!