PDA

View Full Version : Hide element out of view range

E-Key
2005-11-09, 04:49 PM
Here it is a sample project where the column is placed above Level 1 and Level 2 but I can see it on both plan views. Usually I have elements above cut plan and I prefer don't to see that elements, particularly above view range. But Revit shows its. I can't agree with that visualization.
May be I'm wrong and someone can correct me.

nole
2005-11-10, 08:45 AM
Hi all!
It's something strange with your column: Why don't you simply make a new level and put the column on it? It solves your problems.
Here you made column on level 1 and then set offsets. I would make a new level for those columns.

Elmo
2005-11-10, 09:02 AM
Have you tried changing your view range in the level?

Mike Hardy-Brown
2005-11-10, 09:23 AM
Why don't you simply make a new level and put the column on it? It solves your problems.
Here you made column on level 1 and then set offsets. I would make a new level for those columns.
Nole,

I tried this too...
Works perfectly

E-Key
2005-11-10, 03:49 PM
Why don't you simply make a new level and put the column on it? It solves your problems.
Here you made column on level 1 and then set offsets. I would make a new level for those columns.Let me describe exactly what I mean. I created a family of wall rebar and place it above wall opening. It has elevation above cut plan, But I can see it in plan view! I need to see the rebar in a wall body of opening's sides but not in opening.
Attached to fist message sample project file is just for show how the Revit works. Now Revit doesn't show element below View Depth of View Range. But why I see element above cut plan??? I'm absolutely sure that Revit must don't show element above cut plan and especially above view range. Do you agree?

Wes Macaulay
2005-11-10, 04:11 PM
I see your point. This is a function of the structural column category: its display rules are different than for generic models and architectural columns.

I don't why they are programmed to display like this!

E-Key
2005-11-10, 04:20 PM
I don't why they are programmed to display like this!I sent that thread to wish list but was threw out.:-?

nole
2005-11-10, 07:43 PM
Hi all again!
I agree with all of you that structural families have strange appearance. As a structural engineer I never worked the way Revit does. I think that Revit should work same way for architects and structural engineers, there is no real difference between those two parts of designing process. This is my opinion.

frank.graham
2005-12-14, 06:48 PM
I would like to have you trouble but in reverse. I have a building on a sloped site and I want to see all the walls at 5' above, even though they may be 20' different in elevation. Is there a way to create a angled level etc..?

patricks
2005-12-14, 07:40 PM
I would like to have you trouble but in reverse. I have a building on a sloped site and I want to see all the walls at 5' above, even though they may be 20' different in elevation. Is there a way to create a angled level etc..?

I think you could use plan regions for that.