PDA

View Full Version : Ability to Re-assign an In-Place Family

narlee
2005-11-09, 06:29 PM
I don't know if this is a Wish List item. The idea that you could make two different in-place families, then choose one-right click-make it the other. Or make multiple instances of the same in-place family so if you changed it, they all would change.

aaronrumple
2005-11-09, 06:42 PM
I don't know if this is a Wish List item. The idea that you could make two different in-place families, then choose one-right click-make it the other. Or make multiple instances of the same in-place family so if you changed it, they all would change.That's a group.

Make the familiy. The group it. Now copy the group. Later editing the group and the family within will update all others.

Groups have the swap feature you want as well.

Shaun v Rooyen
2005-11-09, 07:06 PM
My question is why don't you just build the family. In-place family to me is a waste of time! You do all the same to set it up but you can't re-use it.

aaronrumple
2005-11-09, 07:22 PM
I was assuming that he was trying to create a family for which there is no family template, but just system families. (Wall copings which I want to be a subcategory of walls is a good example. - They go up, down around and a regular family is as flexible.)