PDA

View Full Version : Meshed Ceiling

dpatera1
2005-11-09, 10:52 PM
I have a tough one! I am trying to make a ceiling that is made out of a wire mesh that would be suspend. I have found links that show how to make this possible in the form of a chain link fence and have even tried to copy and paste this semi-transparent material from that family in to a generic ceiling family. Yet, when I try to import it into the project it gives me an error. I am not very well versed on families and so the responses back will have to be fairly elementary in regards to family instructions. To recap, how do I make a screen material ceiling that will show up as a screened lines in hidden line view and as a true/semi-true transparent screen when rendered.

aaronrumple
2005-11-09, 10:56 PM
...make a "glass" ceiling and apply a grid hatch pattern to it for the shaded view.

dpatera1
2005-11-09, 11:16 PM
Thanks that works great for my hidden line drawings. However how can I get it to show up on a rendering???

SkiSouth
2005-11-09, 11:20 PM
Change the glass accurender material to be the mesh material, not glass. That is the Revit material is semi transparent to a degree with a pattern applied, the Accurender material is a separate material totally.

dpatera1
2005-11-11, 06:00 PM
So far everything you have helped me with has worked however! I want to be able to see shadows caused by my grid when viewing the hidden line view. Can anyone help me with this issue

sbrown
2005-11-11, 08:05 PM
then you have to build a grid, revit can't project shadows from lines or hatches only geometry.

SkiSouth
2005-11-11, 08:08 PM
Use a horizontal curtain wall system with your mullions as your mesh (assuming a reasonable size grid), and no or null glazing panels.

Rhythmick
2005-11-11, 09:00 PM
Use a horizontal curtain wall system with your mullions as your mesh (assuming a reasonable size grid), and no or null glazing panels.How do you turn cutain wall panels to no or null?

sbrown
2005-11-11, 09:25 PM
select the panel, then in the type selector, pick empty panel.

Rhythmick
2005-11-11, 10:38 PM
Thank you Scott - I did not have the empty panel family loaded and have been pulling what little hair I have left out trying to figure it out.