PDA

View Full Version : How to free the memory usage? MAP6

vkotesh
2005-11-10, 06:33 AM
I am using AutoCAD Map 6.0. As per my project specification I am running some validation and QC tools which will run more than 15 mins. If I run the same QC tool again it runs slower than the previous. After running my tools in the same drawing two or three times, if see the Processes tab in Windows task manager. It is showing Mem Usage very large amount and even after closing the AutoCAD Application the Application name remains in Processes. Can any one suggest how to free this memory usage without closing the AutoCAD Application.

Best Regards,
Kotesh.

jaberwok
2005-11-10, 09:11 AM
This is, at best, a half-memory from years ago but - try typing (GC) at the acad command line.

"GC", as I recall, means "collect garbage".

HTH

Mike.Perry
2005-11-10, 10:20 AM
Hi

It sounds like the "Validation and QC tools" you are using, suffer from some poor memory management handling ie

They are not correctly returning memory once they have finished processing.

Have a good one, Mike

Wanderer
2005-11-10, 02:56 PM
I am using AutoCAD Map 6.0. As per my project specification I am running some validation and QC tools which will run more than 15 mins. If I run the same QC tool again it runs slower than the previous. After running my tools in the same drawing two or three times, if see the Processes tab in Windows task manager. It is showing Mem Usage very large amount and even after closing the AutoCAD Application the Application name remains in Processes. Can any one suggest how to free this memory usage without closing the AutoCAD Application.

Best Regards,
Kotesh.
I've seen this topic come up many times in the MAP forum (http://discussion.autodesk.com/search.jspa?numResults=25&inputEntered=true&source=viewforum%7C85&q=release+memory&objID=f85)on autodesk.
there are too many versions of MAP being discussed here for me to have time to read through and see what the solution for your release would be, if there is one.
I see repeated suggestions to close down the program, or to move the files from a network location to your pc if possible. hth.

Wanderer
2005-11-10, 02:57 PM

Best Regards,
Kotesh.Kotesh, I'm going to move this from the ACAD General forum to this one, as I believe this could be a MAP-specific issue and it would be better served here. Thank you.

Jmurphy
2005-11-10, 04:43 PM
Hi

It sounds like the "Validation and QC tools" you are using, suffer from some poor memory management handling ie

They are not correctly returning memory once they have finished processing.

Have a good one, Mike I agree with this, sounds like the QC functions are not releasing the memory. Are they 3rd party tools or some thing created in house?