PDA

View Full Version : Stacked Wall Tags

artitech
2005-11-10, 03:16 PM
Is there a way in Revit to tag a stacked wall so that both wall types display in the tag?

ie. In plan it would show two tags beside one another to identify the two walls making up the stacked wall type.

Mr Spot
2005-11-10, 09:28 PM
No. A tag cannot reference any information in the wall construction properties box. Only instance and type parameters and also type name. So therefore you could do it by naming your wall type appropriately - but it is not linked to the construction in any way should you change it.

Tom Dorner
2005-11-10, 09:38 PM
I've managed to get each wall type that makes up the stacked wall tagged and then move the tags into a position like H.1 and F behind the toilet. In this case H.1 goes from top of slab up to 5'-0" AFF so to get F to tag I moved the cut plane up to 5'-6" from its normal cut of 4'-0" which tagged H.1. When the cut plane moves back to 4'-0" the F tag seems to stay.

This is the only method I could come up with that worked for me.

HTH

Tom

aaronrumple
2005-11-10, 10:01 PM
I've managed to get each wall type that makes up the stacked wall tagged and then move the tags into a position like H.1 and F behind the toilet. In this case H.1 goes from top of slab up to 5'-0" AFF so to get F to tag I moved the cut plane up to 5'-6" from its normal cut of 4'-0" which tagged H.1. When the cut plane moves back to 4'-0" the F tag seems to stay.

This is the only method I could come up with that worked for me.

HTH

Tom

That toilet looks familiar...

Tom Dorner
2005-11-10, 10:14 PM
That toilet looks familiar...Toilet?......what toilet?........;-)

We get a lot of traction out of your toilet family Aaron..........thanks it is a great technique I use with other families as well.

Tom

artitech
2005-11-11, 02:03 PM
In this case H.1 goes from top of slab up to 5'-0" AFF so to get F to tag I moved the cut plane up to 5'-6" from its normal cut of 4'-0" which tagged H.1. When the cut plane moves back to 4'-0" the F tag seems to stay.

That's what I'm after... too bad there wasn't an easier way without having to change the cut plane... but, it works...

THX :D