PDA

View Full Version : changing items from one ref plane to another?

tsbykatherine60220
2005-11-10, 03:46 PM
I have placed some angles between sloped joists to frame out an opening at a high roof. On the plan view I have copied the frames over to the low roof section (also sloped joists). I would like to just change the reference plane the angles are associated with but can't seem to do it.

Could someone give me an explanation about reference planes and their properties? Why is the Dissociate button greyed out when I use the Edit Work Plane... tool?

Thanks for all the help!

Mr Spot
2005-11-10, 09:25 PM
Select the element you wish to change work planes of.

An edit workplane button will appear on the top display bar.

Select this then "pick a plane" or pick from your drop down if you have named the reference plane/level.

Then pick it in view.

The element is now associated with this plane.

tsbykatherine60220
2005-11-10, 09:52 PM
Chris,

Thanks for the tip, I had tried that before but was only looking at the pull down menu since I have all my ref planes named. The only one that showed in the list was the one that it was associated with.

Your line about "Then pick it in view" made me try switching to a section view to try and select the plane in that manner. That is when I noticed in the status bar that you have to select a parallel plane; the plane I was trying to change it to was not and that's why it didn't show up in the list.

Thanks again!

Rick