PDA

View Full Version : Section Mark Heads

Jshaver
2005-11-10, 04:03 PM
When creating new section heads and loading them into a project then using settings-view tags- section tag- then selecting the loaded section head it only applies the changes to a building section. How do i change the wall section and detail section heads/tails?

Thanks,
Jeff

david.kingham
2005-11-10, 05:05 PM
Easiest way is to create a section then go the properties of the section and change the type parameters from there

Steve_Stafford
2005-11-10, 07:18 PM
Section, Elevation and Callout annotations are managed via Settings > View Tags

mlgatzke
2005-11-11, 03:42 AM
If memory serves me correctly, and lately it has been faint, sections are listed in the Project Browser according to the name in the settings dialog Steve steered you to.

Jshaver
2005-11-14, 01:22 AM
Upon changing the settings in view tags the changes are only applied to building sections and not wall or detail sections... any suggestions?

beegee
2005-11-14, 02:17 AM
In Settings, View tags, Section tags, use the drop down for Type and select the Detail and Callout Types then assign the head types.

ck.107547
2006-08-29, 05:05 AM
What's the easiest way to modify the default section head so that you can manually set the detail number and sheet number?

Thanks,

CK

Scott D Davis
2006-08-29, 05:18 AM
What's the easiest way to modify the default section head so that you can manually set the detail number and sheet number?
AHHHH! That's so Anti-Revit! Why would you want to do that?

rmcelvain.103137
2006-08-29, 01:48 PM

Thanks,

CK
CK,

The easiest way to do what you want is to create a new section mark with plain text. Are you using Revit for detailing yet? The reason I ask is that if you aren't, you can create blank detail sheets and drafting views to emulate your actual detail sheets (assuming AutoCAD or something like it). Then you can "reference" the section marker to those views.

ck.107547
2006-08-29, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately, I don't live in the ideal rah-rah-Revit world. We haven't had time to train our drafters, so I am the only one that really has a handle on the program. I have drawn the plans in Revit, but all details will be drawn in Autocad with the Revit sections as backgrounds.

So...how can I edit the basic section head so that I can manually edit the detail and sheet numbers? More specifically, how do you make text that is linked to instance parameters? Logically, within the section head family, I clicked on 'Family Types' and added Text Instance Parameters. Then I tried to add a label, but these new parameters were not available--only the default ones which I assume are system parameters...?

Thanks,

CK

Scott Hammond
2006-08-29, 05:36 PM
CK,

Another option to your workflow is to import all of the details that are created in AutoCAD into Revit Structure Drafting views. That way when you create the section mark, you can use the "Reference other View" tool and select the applicable drafting view. This is the best worlds, you can keep detailing in AutoCAD, but still utilize Revit for Revit. If the detail view moves to another sheet, the section mark will update automatically.

rmcelvain.103137
2006-08-29, 05:55 PM
So...how can I edit the basic section head so that I can manually edit the detail and sheet numbers? More specifically, how do you make text that is linked to instance parameters?
CK,

These are from my very first project - and I haven't used them since :) . Basically they're just annotation families made to emulate section cuts.

Let me know how they work for you - you'll place them individually and then copy them as a group....

Good Luck getting your project out, when it's done check out the process that Scott Hammond mentioned. You'll have some housekeeping to do on your details since not everything comes in as nicely as you'll want (hatch patterns, short lines, etc.)...

amyg
2006-08-30, 12:11 PM
The way I was just shown how to do this was to import AutoCAD drawings and have each detail in its own RS view. From there you want to be in plan view and go to Basic in the project browser > section > and check the reference other views in the options bar and from that pull down you choose your detail. Once you add the details to a detail sheet, they will automatically number accordingly. If you so desire to change the numbering system (detail 1, 2, 3, etc.) simply go to the properties and change it to whatever you want to see. Hopefully this helps - I am a very new RS user and with our tight deadlines to meet while learing the program some of these 'shortcuts' (basically resorting back to Acad) have to be made to meet them until we become more educated on RS.

Cheers, Amy