PDA

View Full Version : yes/no graphics

ford347
2005-11-10, 06:38 PM
Is there a way to get the yes/no parameter in a schedule to show up as a dot, or a check or any number of those types of options, rather than the words "yes/no"?

Steve_Stafford
2005-11-10, 06:52 PM
Is there a way to get the yes/no parameter in a schedule to show up as a dot, or a check or any number of those types of options, rather than the words "yes/no"?The answer is no...yes. I just posted an article in my blog about this called MATRIX SCHEDULES (http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2005/11/matrix-schedules.html). Hope it helps? I originally posted the subject of the article in a thread here (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=11988) many moons ago.

ford347
2005-11-10, 08:16 PM
THANKS!! That helps.

SCShell
2005-11-11, 02:02 PM
Hey Steve,
That's a great tip! Thank you.
Steve

Mike Hardy-Brown
2005-11-11, 02:21 PM
I originally posted the subject of the article in a thread here (showthread.php?p=11988) many moons ago. I think this should answer the other post floating around asking if 8.1 is really worth it

Steve, I had to have a bit of a chuckle, when I read this quote…. From the original thread (showthread.php?p=11988)

In R6.0, due any day, the capabilities of schedules will be significantly enhanced.

I wish I used this feature when I did the attached door schedule!!!!:banghead: (misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

archjake
2005-11-11, 05:37 PM
Is there a way to set a parameter so that if parameter a = yes then show parameter dot.
if parameter a = no then show parameter no dot?

parameter dot could always equal your ascii symbol, and paramter no dot could always equal nothing or a dash, etc...

I love parameters. Thanks for the tip steve.

Steve_Stafford
2005-11-11, 05:55 PM
...Is there a way to set a parameter so that if parameter a = yes then show parameter dot...I don't believe so, formulas are limited to evaluating math problems so they can't contain text, only parameter names etc.

archjake
2005-11-11, 06:44 PM
Yes, but if I recall a yes no parameter can be controlled by if then as a 0 or 1.

And if it was set up something like

parameter a = yes by user.

Then in formula it could be that the parameter used in the schedule is evaluating parameter a.

ParameterVisibleinschedule = paramterdot if parameter a = 0, or parameternodot if parameter a = 1

Parameterdot is always equal to "*" and is a text value.
Parameternodot is always equal to "-" or blank.

I hope this makes sense.

Maybe David Driver could chime in on this subject, or I'll give it a try when I have some free time.

Steve_Stafford
2005-11-11, 07:21 PM
Still skeptical, you can't include a parameter whose type is text in any part of an equation so in the end when you try to set up the calculated field it can't evaluate or supply the value to the text field to display the dot.

Honestly, for this sort of schedule Revit ought to just give us some formatting options for graphics in addition to the literal yes/no...a dot symbol, a check mark etc. All things we can do now by following the process I outlined in the blog article now but so much simpler to accomplish if they did.

archjake
2005-11-11, 10:29 PM
Okay, I see.
Math problems need mathematic variables. Thanks for the clarification.