PDA

View Full Version : Screen not centred at start up

funkman
2004-03-10, 04:57 AM
Does anyone know why this has suddenly started happening and how to fix.

When revit starts up, the extents are not centred on the screen. Has only just started happening.

thank you muchly

beegee
2004-03-10, 05:33 AM
Right Click on the Revit start icon, then Properties, Shortcut and check "Run Maximized".

Should do it.

aaronrumple
2004-03-10, 02:09 PM
I think what you are asking about is why isn't a new template saved with the extents of the model show? If so, it is because the template <or project> was saved with this as the last view. Either make sure the view is correct before exiting/saving...

Dean Camlin
2004-03-10, 08:20 PM
Actually, I don't think either Aaron or Beegee have the answer on this one. I've noticed this behavior from Revit for years. Even when a model file has been saved with the view zoomed to fit, and "run maximized" is set so the program window is the biggest it can be, the very first view of the model as the file is opened is not centered. Simply selecting zoom to fit adjusts this, so I haven't complained about it. All other views seem to open with their last saved view.

aggockel50321
2004-03-10, 08:24 PM
I notice the same thing if I save & quit from a 3d view. The view is always re-oriented when I reopen the project.

Steven Campbell
2004-03-10, 09:35 PM
Does anyone know why this has suddenly started happening and how to fix.

When revit starts up, the extents are not centred on the screen. Has only just started happening.

thank you muchly
Certain project templates seem to slide to the right after save and re-open. If modify the templates a lot like I do it can be a bit of a pain. Every time you open your template for modification slide the left elevation marker to the left edge of the document window, then save. Next time you create a new project from that template it will be approximately in the center.

Steven M. Campbell
Autodesk Revit

funkman
2004-03-10, 10:14 PM
OK I tried all of those, none of them helped unfortunately. The issue is also happening with older files from 5.1 upgraded to 6.0, based on earlier templates.

And when I open the 5.1 files in 5.1, the issue is the same. I dont remember this happening prior to the last few days or so.

Steven, I altered the template file as you mentioned, but still no luck with this. It is just a small PITA. Any other suggestions?

Dean you are on the money, I have revit maximised on startup but when it opens, its centres everything on the screen for a millisecond then shifts it to the right. A quick 'ze' fixes it but is getting a little annoying.

LATE EDIT
found the problem by fluke :P
When I open Revit, it opens to a blank project sheet - yes. I dont like this so what I am now accustomed to do is close that window so there is just the default gray screen with the standard toolbars at the top. That is wrong because when I open a file, this is when the project shifts on screen.

If I leave this blank project alone, running behind eveything, and open a file, all is centred and gooooood. It seems to only shift the screen to the right when the startup new blank screen is closed. Weird huh.

irwin
2004-03-11, 01:27 AM
I notice the same thing if I save & quit from a 3d view. The view is always re-oriented when I reopen the project.
If you reorient a 3D view, the change is not permanent until you click the disk icon in the Dynamic View dialog (or Save View in the Orient submenu of the View menu). If you save the file without first saving the view, then the reorientation will be lost the next time you open the file.

aggockel50321
2004-03-11, 01:03 PM
Aha!

Thanks Irwin.