PDA

View Full Version : Level tags all over the place

mcilrath
2005-11-11, 04:52 AM
I've got a complex house going. Starting out, I thought "levels" were the hook you hang your hat on. There are 17 levels in this project.

Today, I pulled 15 partial elevations to a drawing sheet, and now there are 255 level tags on one elevation sheet. (Some don't show up until I try to get rid of others.)

How does one hide/delete level tags and lines that don't apply to particular views?

Thanks.

Shaun v Rooyen
2005-11-11, 06:15 AM
Select the Levels Line, Right click and select "Hide Annotation in view"

Steve_Stafford
2005-11-11, 08:00 AM
A scope box might do the trick?

mfanucs
2005-11-11, 08:13 AM
If you are using worksets you can create a workset that is not visible by default and move the less important levels to that workset... then you can turn that workset on in the views that require those levels

aaronrumple
2005-11-11, 02:48 PM
I've got a complex house going. Starting out, I thought "levels" were the hook you hang your hat on. There are 17 levels in this project.

Today, I pulled 15 partial elevations to a drawing sheet, and now there are 255 level tags on one elevation sheet. (Some don't show up until I try to get rid of others.)

How does one hide/delete level tags and lines that don't apply to particular views?

Thanks.Levels should only be used for major floor levels typically and maybe a few other critical horizontal cuts. Everything else can be referenced from those.

However given that you have them in the project, you real need to sort them with worksets.

In the future you'll find that spot elevation tags will give you the "extra levels" you are looking for such as top of wall, bottom of footing, etc.