PDA

View Full Version : Import and Export TXT Files

phyllisr
2005-11-11, 02:52 PM
Has anyone determined whether it is possible to locate this in a network rather than the local drive? Has anyone done this successfully? Similar to Shared Parameters in a network location?

Thank you,
PBR

david.kingham
2005-11-11, 03:00 PM
Not that I'm aware of, you will have to create a batch file that replaces them after install :(

Tom Dorner
2005-11-11, 03:03 PM
Someone may know of a way. I take a different approach though in both Revit and AutoCAD. Rather than mapping these types of things to a network location, I have a folder with only admin rights on it on the server and copy this stuff down to the local machine via a login script. These types of files are extremely small and copy over in a flash. Then laptops and the like all have what they need when not connected to the network.

HTH

Tom

phyllisr
2005-11-11, 03:10 PM
Actually, this is the method we currently use with AutoCAD and ADT. I am certainly willing to continue the practice with Revit if necessary. The more I can do in the network immediately (in real time) without waiting users to login the next day, the less energy and effort. This is not a huge issue, just a minor time-saver.

FYI, I do not have to create the login scripts myself. I am very fortunate to have a crack IT department. The Director (my boss) and his assistant do this for me. But I do have to organize any changes and lump them all together to avoid changing the login every day.

Thank you,
PBR