PDA

View Full Version : Export DWG to single file

ford347
2005-11-11, 04:58 PM
Can you export multiple view/sheets into just ONE DWG file? I swear I have done this before. I tried all kinds of things with these four views and they keep creating a seperate file for each one. I tried checking and unchecking the export as single file option? Can anyone shed some light?

Steve_Stafford
2005-11-11, 05:37 PM
...I tried checking and unchecking the export as single file option? Can anyone shed some light?...If you did this and it didn't work you might need to contact support? You should just need to check the single file option.

ford347
2005-11-11, 05:46 PM
...you might need to contact support? ...

I'll have to do that...although I am downloading the new(?) build to 8.1 right now, so maybe after that, it will work...who knows! Thanks!

sfaust
2005-11-11, 06:49 PM
Clarification. Export as single file will export EACH SHEET as an individual file rather than a sheet file with an xref for each drawing on the sheet. There is no way that I am aware of to export multiple sheets to a single file...

ford347
2005-11-11, 10:10 PM
I obviously don't know the difference, but every time I have exported to dwg, I have never had my drawing show up as an xref, it's always a full drawing that is editable and working? Is there a way to do that too?

sfaust
2005-11-12, 12:26 AM
well, it used to be that every time you exported a sheet, it would give you a dwg with your titleblock in paperspace, and every drawing that was placed on the sheet would be a seperate dwg xrefed into the sheet file.

So for instance if you have a Revit sheet with a floor plan, wall type schedule and 3 details on it, on export you would get 6 dwg files, the main sheet, a floor plan, a wall type schedule, and 3 details. Each of the 5 drawings would be xrefed into the sheet dwg.

Now, since 8.0 (I think) you can check the "export as single file". If that is checked and you export the same sheet, you will get one file with the titleblock in paperspace and all of the drawings in model space (with the proper viewports).

There is no way, however, to export multiple Revit sheets to a single dwg file that I am aware of.

Hope that helps.