PDA

View Full Version : Missing Dimensions

mlgatzke
2004-03-10, 04:38 PM
The attached image shows a plan view where dimensions have been placed, but one of the dimensions in 2 different strings are invisible (but the visibility bit has not been unchecked). Also, the lock symbols for these dimensions is still visible -- just not the dimension itself.

This is REALLY weird.

Any suggestions?

cphubb
2004-03-10, 05:03 PM
The only thing I can com up with is that the objects beinging dimensioned are either turned off or in a workset that has been turned off. We had that problem with our grid lines in which almost all of our dimensions were invisible because every string had at least one grid line in the string.

Allen Lacy
2004-03-10, 05:05 PM
If you have turned off any objects, ref planes, lines, etc. that were the object of the dimension, that would make the dimension disappear.

mlgatzke
2004-03-10, 09:48 PM
Neither of these is true. I even tried using the re-edit witness lines option to remove the last string, then re-edit again to add it back. Again, the last segment of both dimensions refuse to appear. I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do.

beegee
2004-03-10, 09:57 PM
Same dimension type as the others ?

No filled regions hiding them ?

All reference planes turned on ?

No temporary hides ?

Try turning on absolutely everything ?

Any worksets ? All visible ?

mlgatzke
2004-03-11, 04:26 AM
Same dimension type as the others ?

No filled regions hiding them ?

All reference planes turned on ?

No temporary hides ?

Try turning on absolutely everything ?

Any worksets ? All visible ?

Yes
No
Yes
No
Already did
No worksets used and all is visible

I'm stuck. Any suggestions how to get them back? I don't know what to do.

pasha
2004-03-11, 02:12 PM
I think the problem is that the object to which the top-most witness lines were created is no longer in the view. You might have changed its elevation (if the view is a plan view) so that it is no longer within the view-range. In this case we turn off the witness line to that object but keep the lock as a reminder that there is a dimension there.

Re-editing witness lines will not help in this case because we display dimension segments only if both of the witness lines are to visible objects -- and in this case the invisible witness line is still invisible.

Provided my understanding is correct, you can either redo the dimension to visible objects in the view or you can move the original reference object back into the view.

mlgatzke
2004-03-11, 08:40 PM
Thanks. I'll give that a try.