PDA

View Full Version : 8.1/E - Resizable componant dropdown - O

janunson
2005-11-14, 04:57 PM
Just like the problem we used to have with AutoCAD's Layer dropdown list... i'd like to be able to resize the dropdown containing the componant list in Revit. It widens to a point, but still won't accomodate all filenames, and it doesn't widen in the options bar, so you sometimes can't see what family is currently selected.

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-11-14, 05:26 PM
Not a major priority but it would be nice. Even having bubble help or the status bar display the full name of the selected component would help.

Phil Palmer
2005-11-14, 06:18 PM
This is a major issue with large scale buildings like schools and hospital projects.

The pull-down list is extremely long with hundreds of family components. The whole interface needs work in my opinion. A method is needed to help us locate the components, maybe view their thumbnails ? Seperate them into sub-folders ?
I quite like way you can use a window with displayed thumbnails to 'load' a family into a project but you cant do that just to place !

janunson
2006-10-30, 01:55 PM
This is a major issue with large scale buildings like schools and hospital projects.

The pull-down list is extremely long with hundreds of family components. The whole interface needs work in my opinion. A method is needed to help us locate the components, maybe view their thumbnails ? Seperate them into sub-folders ?
I quite like way you can use a window with displayed thumbnails to 'load' a family into a project but you cant do that just to place !Maybe in addition to widening it, they could do it in a tree view like the project browser? Then maybe we could set sort orders like in project browser and really find the components fast. Currently, i use the project browser more often than that dropdown - just can't find anything in there. In the project browser, at least i can go to the componant type, then expand only that list, and find things.