PDA

View Full Version : Loose dynamic states from sub block after insertion into master block

ANRCREATIONS
2005-11-14, 10:10 PM
I've been assigned the tedious task of creating dynamic blocks for the company during slow hours. One of the many is all types of fastners. I've created dynamic blocks on each size of screw allowing the user to align and stretch to the appropriate length but my boss wants several blocks in one (Master Block) but each individual block ( Sub Block) has several versions of itself ( flat head, pan head, hex head, ect.). I tried puting all wood screws (# 2, # 3, # 4 ect.) in one dynamic block using visibilty however, I loose the origional dynamics (stretch, array, align) of the sub block after inserted into the master block.

Any ideas on how to do this or even if its possiable?

Mike.Perry
2005-11-14, 10:17 PM
Hi

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120) forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Chris.N
2005-11-14, 10:45 PM
Any ideas on how to do this or even if its possiable?you can't nest visiblity states. You're going to be limited to: Wood screw (sizes), metal screw (sizes), etc. try playing with look-up tables, too.

ANRCREATIONS
2005-11-14, 11:04 PM
Thanks CNIBBE,

I've dabbled a little with the look- up but no success as of yet. Thanks for your help.

-Anrcreations

mark.62793
2005-11-15, 04:03 AM
Try posting what ya got. And we'll try and help you out.

Chris.N
2005-11-15, 02:41 PM
Try posting what ya got. And we'll try and help you out.^^ yeah, that too!!^^